JOB TITLE: Sales & Marketing Executive
Report to: Manager HR
Marketing executives work closely with other employees such as advertising, market research, production, sales and distribution staff. Sales executives sell their company’s goods and services. Customers may include businesses, governmental organisations and individuals, both in the UK and abroad. Sales executives approach potential customers with the aim of winning new business, as well as maintaining good relationships with clients. They are also responsible for making repeat sales to their employer’s existing customers. Sales is a target driven industry and the work can sometimes be demanding. Typical work activities depend on the market and the setting. A basic distinction can be made between two types of sales:business to business (B2B) and business to customer or consumer (B2C).
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications required for job:
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Access skills.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Working autonomously to a high level of accuracy and speed.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competitive independent starter with a strong work ethic.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Success/ results driven.
- High degree of integrity, responsiveness and reliability.
- Thorough knowledge of web layout and browser-compatibility issues.
- Knowledge of digital trends & online media.
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Numerical skills.
Potential Key Result Areas include:
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale;
- maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries;
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets;
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
- Gathering market and customer information;
- Representing their company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with clients;
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions;
- Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer;
- Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders;
- Checking the status of projects;
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations;
- Feeding future sales trends back to employers;
- Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- Continuous review and active management of website and other online assets.
- Devising and presenting ideas and strategies
- Promotional activities
- Compiling and distributing financial and statistical information
- Writing reports, organizing events and product exhibitions
- Monitoring performance & managing campaigns on social media.
- Undertaking regular proactive optimization based on data analysis – focusing on conversion and lead generation.
- Effectively undertaking other duties as required.
Passion for brand building and creativity are required for this role. Discipline in execution and follow up of campaigns to achieve desired results is a strong requirement. Abilities and aptitude in sales, business development, customer interaction and relationship would be appreciated.
The candidate will be trained in job specific skill requirements during the induction and probation period. The role is an ideal preparation ground for more substantial roles in Marketing Management, Product Management, Product Marketing, New Product Launch, Analytics, Strategy & Business Development and Customer Relationship Management.